Thursday, October 04, 2007

The (real) Waiting Game.


The Waiting Game. Not only is it the name of one of the greatest ski flicks of all time, it's the "game" I'm currently playing. Living (for a short time) at my parents, doing whatever is necessary to make ends meet and put some money away I can't wait to be in Jackson.

30 days until I move to Jackson, 60 days until the snow is really falling. 90 Days until I can really scare myself. It's a waiting game alright...one I've been playing for what seems like years.

I've waited to move to a ski town and focus on nothing but skiing since 11th grade calculus. I couldn't wait. I'll never forget the attractive smart girl next to me telling me that if I put the amount of effort I put into skiing into Calc A I'd have the highest grade in the class...hands down. I'm not sure I quite understood what she was saying at the time, as I was busy taking "bathroom breaks" trying to figure out who got the most snow within 2 hours of the classroom.

Fast forward 5 years. I made it through college, I paid my dues per say (at least in my head)...and now I feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin in anticipation of what's coming my way. It's funny how when you're having fun time flies but when you're looking forward to something with little to do time C-R-A-W-L-S by. I think that's what Einstein meant in his theory of relativity.

Regardless, I keep looking west for the snow to start falling and to the wall for the clock to keep ticking...it wont be long now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home